Saturday, November 22, 2008

3 weeks to go

It seems like just yesterday I had 4 months in a foreign city in front of me. And now I only have three more weeks here. I really wonder how much I have changed, and how much of it will effect my choices in the future. Unlike many people, I can say that I have lived in a different country, and I would challenge anyone who gave me a hard time about the fact that English is spoken here, to live in Ireland. I love it here so much but I'm starting to get those familiar pangs for home. They felt the same when I first got here. Of course I have had ups and downs of home sickness, but this is different, it is the feeling of being so close to home but still so far away.

I have 2 more weeks of classes, and then a showcase to show what we have worked on this semester, and then I am off to the states again. The showcase prep is going well, but in different ways for my 4 different classes. I feel pretty comfortable about all but one. For one of them all we have is a frame and no real idea what we will be doing in the middle. That doesn't give us much time to work of the specificity she keeps harping on lately. But all the others are great. I have developed a love for Irish drama that I bet will continue for a while. I really feel like I'm going to be able to do a good job on the other showcase pieces. I get to play an irish reported in a cell in Beirut with two other guys, one British and one American. It is a really great piece. I play a really quirking character written by Samuel Beckett in my voice showcase which includes flashing and farting, which are the makings of a great time. I hope I can get someone to record/take pictures of it for me. We will have to see.

No comments: